Friday, January 2, 2009

Rhapsody!!!

I can remember a day when an old friend had mentioned in a moment of jest that he envisioned me '"10 years from now you'll see nithya sitting beside an electronic typewriter with a marlboro lite hanging from the side of her mouth and a pair of reading glasses balanced precariously over the bridge of her nose as she violently types away at the machine pausing only to mutter hurried curses as the thoughts flow right into the printed page!"
How thankful i am to the rollercoaster called life that pretty much railroaded that futuristic vision and lead me to the plain of existence that I meander on now. Gone are the curses induced by the foreign filter cigarettes and the morose, goth-ridden words that made many of my friends fear for my sanity. But hey can you blame for being inspired by the new wave called Grunge and the teachings of the unequivocal guru of the 90's Gen-X Kurt Cobain? And i certainly did not need reading glasses thanx to good gene pool to aid me in a hobby that still remains a solid part of my life; reading.
The only thing that has managed to stay true of that earlier prediction is the part about me typing away, a typewriter then but a laptop now; at least the word electronic still stands the same. I am glad the nicotene has been replaced by a less harmful vice namely caffeine in the form of a cup of strong brewed espresso or a chilled glass of cola pop.
Motherhood at first had taken everything out of me the first two years. Before embarking on it i had envisioned days when i would look upon the sleeping form of my child in his little bassinnet and feel an overwhelming urge to write and express my love for this little person that i had birthed from my loins. I would relate to the blank white pages how being a mother had made me so complete and whole. Instead i pretty much spent most of the spare time I had between feedings,changings , half-baked sleep and zombie-stage housework reaching for the nearest snack in the pantry or the refrigerator. Hence as a result of these visits i reached a point where i almost thought i'd never return. Even a trip back home to revisit old memories didn't bring me out of this stupor. What did shake me out of this stagnating reverie was an anxiety spasm mistaken for a chest pain that brought me down to a crashing reality. "LIFE IS SHORT!!!!"
Now that was on the eve of my 30th birthday. Cliched as it may sound i came to a bright revelation that shed light on the way i had been conducted my business of life in a sloth like pace.
'No more,' I chided myself and decided to foray into the world of blogging. Once there i regained my lost 'mojo', or my 'force' as i term it. Like Luke Skywalker embracing his destiny as a Jedi knight or a current reference ,Caroline Kennedy living up to her political parentage I accepted myself in all my idiosyncracies and complexities . Now from that moment till now the journey has been one of learning my all my experiences,even the inane ones and making changes one day at a time. Baby steps taken day by day towards reaching an equilibrium of emotional statistics to avoid a mid-life crisis from rearing its ugly head a day too early.
One look around myself and i say 'Wopa! 'La Vita E Bella'.

No comments: