Friday, October 3, 2008

Hooked on a feeling....

There'll be days i wake up to hope for the day to turn out special. I'll make myself that extra special cup of tea, earl grey laced generously with the fresh honey i buy every year from the local farmer's market. As i go about my morning duties i'll gulp it instead to sipping it because the rigours of responsiblility take over my hopeful morning. I wonder if i am the only person in the whole wide world feeling this way at this very moment. I conclude after a minute or two into the thought that i'm just a tiny ripple in this vast ocean of existence. Why will my feeling anything matter to anyone but myself?


But then once i have a little time to myself i'll find myself doing something i love. Whether its a meal i'm preparing with love or a book that i'm engrossed into at that particular time. A few years ago my stream of thought had hit a block and i'd lost my inspiration to create despite having all the time and space in the world. It was like a dark cloud had descended over what had once been a vibrant valley always ready to sprout out flowers of thought. That darkling of a cloud has been made to drift away to some other plain. The years of dormancy have taken flight leaving behind a sense of contentment with my existence.

I must say that the years i spent away from active writing were not in vain. In fact i have absorbed a good share of experiences that have helped me understand the person i've become.
With this Blog i hope to unlock some of those thoughts and re-discover this new person i've become.

No comments: