Sunday, February 23, 2014

Out of the box

 
Years go by
Watching them fly with tail light beacons 
Flashing their sparkles
Blinding my eyes

Moments fleeting by
In the blink of an eye
As I try to gather up my wits
Just to get through a day
Without a fuss

I get stuck in a rut
A broken record
Begging for release
From the ancient phonograph
That holds it down

What's to be done
That hasn't been done before
By ones before me
Or the ones before them

A voice calls from within
An echo long forgotten
In the rubble that I have created
A life less than ordinary

Shakes me from that reverie
The trance that has had a hold
A hold over my existence

A leap of faith
A purge of the negative
A few kind words
And a glimpse into the world outside
The real one I chose not to see

And there it is
My Yellow Brick Road
In guise of the Ruby Red slippers
I'd slipped into all those years ago

So off I go finding my Dolce Vita
Following that echo
As it leads me to a Seuss-ical Box

Once opened I don't unleash The Mother of all messes 
But a thingamajig to clean up the mess
I called my life









1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice one Keep up the good work... Mallika