Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Outrage....

First of all it sucks being so far away and unable to be of any support when the city i love so dearly is under such a heavy threat of fear. The day for me began pretty normally. i just went about my business running after my kid and cleaning house. a simple phone call home brought my idyllic existence crashing down to reality. "Have you turned on the news?" asked my sister. I told her no because as a practice i never did turn on the news since 9/11 happened. Even then i had a friend tell me to do just that in the midst of a yahoo chat that fateful morning. And when i did just that yesterday there was no mention of the horrifying events that were going to scar my mind forever. Instead every cable news channel was either giving updates on 'thanksgiving travel' or worrying about retail and the stock market. I felt my blood pressure rising at the insignificance of those news reports while at that very moment a posse of terrorists had landed seige on my beloved city.
I managed to find a 24/7 live feed on ndtv.com that was convering the events. My four year old son seemed to sense my upset because he began behaving like an absolute monster and i had to play bad mommy for awhile giving him a time-out. Then i was glued to both the laptop simultaneously checking out the news updates on the situation, frantically checking up on my facebook page for news from ground zero and finally trying to get as many of my friends on their cellphones. Thank goodness for latest technology, i received messages via facebook and emails that everyone was safe, including one friend who was actually in a location close to where all the ruckus was taking place.
But its still those images of watching my favourite landmark haunts being destroyed and people trapped inside those guilded cages that make the tears well and choke inside of me.
Do these cowards actually think they're going to gain anything by terrorizing Indians and Mumbai-ites to be more precise?
And what about those so called 'Hindutvas' posers doing when all this is going down? All they know is to take arms for no rhyme or reason and start rioting at a drop of a hat. How did these insurgents get past them and pull this whole orchestrated act right under their brain dead noses? Whats to guarantee that they just wait for the embers of this event to disintegrate before they pull some more stunts that'll only make life hell for a normal perso who is just out to make a living?
The true healing will begin soon for the 'city that never sleeps' as it rises from the ashes of this act of terror like a phoenix. Only this time i hope and pray this bird of flight learns from such experiences to fight right back.

No comments: