Friday, November 28, 2008

Ramblings of a furitive kind.....

A flash of light blinding the irises and then the slow deafening roar of voices raised in the joy of merrymaking. I feel myself disconnecting from these voices that seemed to broach conversations i abhorred as a teenager. Like something out of a surrealistic music video reminiscent of an Andy Warhol a blurry, multicoloured vision dances before my eyes, one that i can only see from the corner of my mind. The people before me in the party 'fade to grey' turning into these blobs of human flesh. I want to tear out these chains of superficiality and emerge out of this mire of complacency. Plain and simple, 'Bartender i need a bloody damn drink and make it straight up without the rocks and it better be good!"
There are times when all you want to do is get pissed drunk on whatever pretty poison that suits your current fancy and just stick it to whoever happens to cross your path at that inopportune moment. quite frankly i remember a time in my life when such super-confident bravado was a part of my psyche. A time when feelings did not have to live under a lock and key. How liberating were those days as a young adult you had no one to answer to or be truthful to but yourself. It was in those fleeting moments i felt like the 'king of the world' where my words of expression gave fruit to art that only a few understood.
The difference from then and now is a thin line drawn by none other than myself dividing the personna i was to the projection that stands right before you right this minute. I hoping as this blog progresses in its intensity and complexity I succeed in bringing back my lost glory.

No comments: